Binary Group Services Sdn Bhd is seeking a driven, creative, and proactive Graphic Designer to join its diverse and collaborative team of engineers, designers, marketeers, copywriters, quants, and finance specialists. As a Visual Designer, you will weave iconography, typography, colour, space, and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our procuts. You will delight users with designs that inspire, engage, and excite them. You will rely on user-centred design principles to produce high-quality visuals — from conception to execution — across many platforms. We believe that all our products should be attractive and accessible.
Binary Group Services Sdn. Bhd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Binary Ltd., an international group of companies that manages Binary.com, the award-winning leader in online binary options trading.
Launched in 2000, Binary.com is one of the oldest and most respected names in the industry. The Binary.com platform allows you to trade currencies, indices, and commodities. Today, we have more than one million registered clients from around the world with a recorded turnover of over USD 4.6 billion since we started operating.
Binary.com is a vibrant and progressive company that blends the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with the profitability and stability of a long-running business.
Our company is built on a culture that fosters teamwork, individuality, and creativity.
We care deeply about cultural and gender diversity. We go to great lengths to foster a supportive, caring environment within a flat organisational structure.
We value colleagues with a taste for fun and adventure, who are optimistic and customer focused. Above all, you must agree with our strong emphasis on business integrity.
YOUR SKILLS AND MOTIVATIONS
You love solving business challenges through intuitive and elegant design solutions. You enjoy coming up with visuals that communicate, motivate, and inspire different audiences to take action.
You have worked in brand advertising, in a creative agency, or with an in-house marketing team. You really know your way around print (ads, posters, brochures), digital (UI assets, infographics), and branding (logos, typefaces, colours).
You are smart, self-motivated, and proactive. You thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment, and approach even the smallest task with an open mind.
Most importantly, you value the importance of constant, open, and honest communication.
We are looking for someone who loves to:
- design in FinTech;
- create beautiful and functional products that delight users;
- solve problems creatively and proactively;
- do great work, inspiring people around them to do the same;
- collaborate with multidisciplinary teams;
- get things done in a no-nonsense manner;
- work without bureaucracy and hierarchy;
- have the latest tools and technologies at their disposal; and
- learn and improve, day in and day out.
To excel in this role, you must have:
- BA/BS in Design (e.g. Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communication, Product, or Industrial Design), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience;
- more than five years of relevant work experience;
- experience defining design systems that work across a complex product;
- ability to create style guides to be used cross-functionally;
- interaction design sensibility;
- proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch 3.0;
- strong core skills: ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and colour effectively and ability to use visual design to organise information and guide people through tasks;
- proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio of work in branding, advertising, and marketing; and
- creative flair and versatility in developing concepts, graphics, and layouts for a wide range of media.
Binary.com’s UI/UX team explores the many ways that we can design better product experiences for our users. As our Graphic Designer, you will develop high-impact graphics and visual elements such as images and icons for our websites and applications. You will play an essential role in creating user interface assets that bring our products and users closer together.
- develop the design rationale and explain visual choices to cross-functional teams verbally and visually;
- produce high-quality visual designs, including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices with various resolutions, encompassing icons, graphics, and marketing materials;
- create designs for assets that reflect a brand, enforce a language, and inject beauty and life into a product;
- push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching (and solving) a problem;
- lay out mockups and wireframes for app screens and web pages; and
- keep up with the latest trends and techniques in design, UI, and UX
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
This position includes a market-based salary, annual performance bonus, and health benefits.
You will also enjoy a casual dress code, flexi hours, as well as travel and Internet allowances.
Join us at our operational headquarters in Cyberjaya — Malaysia’s global tech hub that’s located only 30 minutes away from the capital city, Kuala Lumpur. This high-tech township seamlessly blends modern infrastructure with acres of green spaces and facilities, to give you the ultimate work-life balance.
An adventure is never far away when you’re in Malaysia with its tantalising mix of vibrant cities, tropical rainforests, and paradise islands. It’s also one of the most culturally-diverse countries in the world with a multiracial population that loves to bond over its love for food. With warm weather all year round, a lower cost of living compared to most western countries, and easy access to public and private healthcare facilities, you’ll find Malaysia to be a welcoming home away from home.